CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

2008/12/04

I am not sure if the way I am making connections with the movie “ The End of Suburbia” and Taiwan right. Yet, Due to the fact I was sick when we were watching the movie, I was half alive to know what was going on. I grasped some concepts and here are the connections that I could somehow tie together.
The first point would be the fact that in America, the industrial places have been polluted and have become a horrible place to live. Yet I cannot agree with that. I live in Hsinhcu and it is a place where industries and technology are invented and produced. I feel very happy living in Hsinchu and have no problem with anything.
The most important point of all is that resources are all being used up. Those resources are not restorative. No matter if you are in Taiwan or Us or even Antarctica the resources are starting to be used up. Yet the difference now, which I would like to add in, is that Taiwan has already made an improvement. Taipei has already tried to reduce the transportation problem by including metro. The other way that Taiwan has been improving is by creating the High Speed Rail. Because of this High Speed Rail, people are able to get around the whole Taiwan in short periods of time. Lastly, ITRI (Industrial Technology Research Institute) has had the idea of electric motorcycles. Some of the teachers in our school have already gotten them in use. Because of all these transportation ideas, the need of Oil is reducing. Yet in American, not much has been done.
I feel although so much is happening around the world, no matter where we are, we can all make a difference.

0 comments: